Autumn Salad with Quinoa, Kale & King Oyster Mushrooms
Today we have an autumn salad with quinoa, kale & king oyster mushrooms recipe in store. It is done with 20 minutes and great to prepare the day before.
For us, the highlight of the recipe are the king oyster mushrooms, which are an absolute treat. Somewhat similar to porcini mushrooms, yet a little more delicate in flavour but if you can’t get hold of them, use any other mushroom you like. Or try using roasted pumpkin.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 packed cups of kale, finely chopped
- 2 king oyster mushrooms (about 90g), sliced
- 3tbsp oil
- 1 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- age nectar
- salt and pepper
serves 2 for a main or 4 as a light bite.
- Prepare quinoa according to packet instructions.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil of your choice, then add the sunflower seeds and gently fry until they start to colour. Crush in the garlic and remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir and gently add the lemon juice. Make sure the il isn’t too hot, or it will spray. Season well with salt, pepper and a splash of agave nectar. If you like the citrus flavour of lemons, you could grate in a little of the zest. Really lovely.
- Put the quinoa and kale into a bowl and pour over the dressing while still warm. Mix well.
- Using the same pan as for the dressing, add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Heat the pan until hot, then add the king oyster mushrooms. While they are frying add salt. Ideally use herb salt. Just adds to the absolute amazing flavour of the mushroom.
- Plate the salad and top it with some mushrooms. We feel the mushrooms taste best if eaten warm but they are divine eaten cold too, so you could make this salad in advance or even take it with you to work or Uni or wherever really.
x V&S x