Warming Cinnamon Hot Chocolate – VEGAN
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! In a way it is always the same, each and every year we feel surprised how quickly a year has passed. But let’s look at the positives for a moment. Christmas gives us all a great excuse to indulge in sweet treats. One of our favourites is this vegan, warming, cinnamon hot chocolate. Pleasing to the last drop and supposedly good for you!
Cinnamon has long been prized for its various beneficial properties. The most important one to name in the cold seasons is that it can help to fight infections due to its anti-inflammatory properties. And above all, it has a wonderfully warming, Christmas taste and smell.A note on the side, we prefer to use Ceylon cinnamon which is said to be the “true” cinnamon and better for you. The reason behind this I that has lower levels of a compound called “coumarin”, which in large doses can actually be harmful. But then again, most people don’t use that much cinnamon.
makes 1 warming mug
- 250 ml oat milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- agave nectar to taste
How it’s done
- Pour about 3 tbsp of your oat milk in a saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Using a whisk, gently combine until you have a smooth paste.
- Put your saucepan on the hob and gently heat.
- Slowly adding the rest of your milk.
- Whisk continuously to ensure a smooth texture. Make sure you do not boil your hot chocolate.
- Once the hot chocolate is at the right hot but not boiling temperature, add agave nectar to taste.
We would love to see your creations. Just post them on Instagram with #thevitalsisterscreations